Bloom-Carroll Elementary School
On October 23, the Bloom-Carroll Local School District held a special groundbreaking ceremony for the new Bloom-Carroll Elementary School. The new facility will provide a modern learning environment for students in grades K-5 and serve our community for generations.
In May of 2018, voters in the Bloom-Carroll Local School District approved the bond issue paving the way for construction of the 110,995 SF elementary school – the first new elementary school in our District since 1960. Throughout the past year, the new building has been designed with parent, student, staff, BOE, and community involvement. The new school will feature:
- Environmentally conscious
design seeking LEED SILVER Certification.
- 58 teaching stations – including self-contained and related arts classrooms.
- State of the art integrated
technology and security systems including interactive flat panels for
teaching and learning.
- Supports the community through
flexible program spaces along with a mixed-use cafeteria, music
classrooms, gym and multi-level media center. The academic areas can
be secured during after school and weekend activities in the gym and
- Design contemplates the growth
in diversity of teaching and learning beyond traditional classrooms with
intervention and small group learning while also providing adequate staff
- Outdoor Learning Area including
access from the multi-level media center and art rooms.
- Art display cases built into
art classrooms and visible from the main corridor.
- Adequate green space for play. Multiple playgrounds (K-2, 3-5)
- Project includes 5 tennis courts to replace the District’s courts removed during the construction of the middle school (2011-2013).
The new school will be complete in the spring of 2021 and open for
students in August of 2021.