Friday May 27, 7:30 A.M. – High School Cafeteria
Practice will be held on Friday, May 27.
Breakfast will be served at 7:30 am in the high school cafeteria with Big Picture, Senior Clap-out, Sr. Awards ceremony & Graduation practice.
Graduation practice will be dedicated to preparing and understanding the procedures for the graduation ceremony. Students should plan to bring their cap, gown and tassel to practice for the awards ceremony and the individual and group photos.
*Graduation Breakfast/Awards/Practice is mandatory for seniors participating in commencement services.*
7:30 a.m. Breakfast/Individual Picture in Cap and Gown & Fees High School Café
9:00 a.m. Big Picture/Group Senior Picture High School Gym
9:15 a.m. Senior Clap-out Bloom-Carrol Elementary
9:30 a.m. Senior Academic Awards Middle School Aud.
10:30 a.m. Graduation Rehearsal Practice (Completed by 1:00 p.m.) Middle School Gym
Sunday, May 29, 2022
Report to the MS Auditorium by 12:45 p.m.
Graduation will start promptly at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Middle School Gymnasium
Doors open for guests at 1:00 p.m.
1. Graduation will be a formal traditional ceremony.
2. The dress code will be as follows:
a. Boys – dress shirt, tie, dress trousers, dress shoes - no flip flops
b. Girls – dress; blouse and skirt or blouse and dress slacks; dress shoes – dressy sandals are appropriate but no flip flops.
c. Mortar Boards (caps) are to be securely fastened on the top of your head with tassel on right side of board.
d. No writing, tape, signs, pins, etc. will be worn with or on the cap and gown.
e. No sunglasses.
3. Participation in commencement is optional and a privilege. If you choose to participate, your attendance is required at practice, and you are to be on time (Principal has the right to excuse a student if necessary).
a. If you choose to participate, you must follow all rules associated with commencement, the dress code (“Code of Conduct” rules will be enforced throughout the graduation process).
b. Also, if you successfully choose to participate in graduation, your actual diploma will be available for pick up in the middle school media center immediately following the graduation ceremony (you will be handed your diploma cover during the ceremony).
c. If you choose not to participate, you must notify Mrs. Berta a week prior to your last day of school. You can pick up your diploma in the main office on the next school day after graduation.
4. All financial obligations are to be taken care of before a diploma is issued.
5. Guests will not be able to move up near the stage for photos. A professional photographer will be on hand to take pictures of you receiving your diploma – you will have the option to purchase those photos on line.
6. Some points that need to be discussed:
a. This graduation ceremony will be orderly, dignified and one of which we can all be proud. It should last approximately an hour and a half.
b. Any disturbance during the ceremony – we will stop, and you will be asked to leave the graduation ceremony. This will be embarrassing for you and your family. Again, you are reminded to stop in the middle school media center immediately following the graduation to pick up your diploma.
7. We will continue the tradition of having the Senior Class officers read the names of the graduating seniors. Please let us know if your name is not correctly pronounced when he/she reads it.
ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED DURING THE GRADUATION PRACTICE:
1. You will be given directions in regards to where you are to sit.
2. Mr. Kelley, Ms. Eggleston and Mr. McNamara will be in charge of instructing you in regards to the processional.
3. If you need special seating (handicapped) for family, please notify Mr. Kelley, Ms. Eggleston or Mr.
McNamara at graduation practice.
If you choose to participate, you must follow all rules associated with commencement, including the dress code in Item #2 as well as the Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
Fees, Fines, Books, Uniforms, Chromebooks/Chargers, etc. All financial obligations are to be taken care of before a diploma will be issued. Athletic uniforms should be returned to the athletic office, and you should check with Mrs. Dinsmore in the Media Center for any outstanding fees/fines/books for library materials. All fees and books should be paid or turned in to your office/teachers by Wednesday, May 25 (last exam day).
Locker Cleanout – your locker must be void of all marks on the inside (this includes pen marks on the inside, tape, signs, etc.) You are responsible for the locker assigned to you. This is to be done on or before 2:10 p.m. on Wednesday, May 25.